- Black Lives Matter Special CSM 200711LM NYC
July 11, 2020 - July 12, 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Check Out These Videos
Learn about BE Alumni Benefits & Why BeardedEagle’s CSPO Is the Best
While the role and responsibilities of the Product Owner can be described simply enough, very little is said about the day-to-day practice of those fulfilling the role. If you are a new Product Owner, you may be wrestling with competing demands for time and information from your team and stakeholders. Or perhaps you’ve been been a Product Owner for a while. If so, are you working long hours trying to keep up with the work? Either way, join us to learn the tools to maximize your potential.
This BeardedEagle Certified Scrum Product Owner workshop teaches you the essentials to master your role in this interactive, 2-day certification workshop. Leave with the skills and renewed excitement to generate business value and fully leverage your Scrum team.
This hands-on course will teach you how to handle the complex responsibilities of a great Product Owner including: how to manage and prioritize product backlogs utilizing business value and other industry prioritization methods, plan releases, track progress, estimate business value, drive a Sprint Review, effectively prepare and participate in Sprint Planning and learn how to scale Scrum projects.
We teach you the techniques to avoid becoming a failed Product Owner statistic. Become a successful Product Owner and register today for your upcoming Product Owner Workshop.
Following successful completion of the course, you will be a designated Certified Scrum Product Owner. This certification includes a 2-year membership to the Scrum Alliance, where additional member-only material and information is available. This course also counts towards the following continuing education requirements:
- PMP’s: This course counts for 15 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
- Scrum Alliance Members: This course counts for 16 Scrum Education Units (SEUs).
- PMI-ACP: This course counts is 15 of the 21 contact hours needed to be eligible for the PMI-ACP certification.
What you will learn
- Practical, product-proven practices
- How to write user stories for the product backlog
- Proven techniques for prioritizing the product backlog
- How to predict the delivery date of a project (or the features that will be complete by a given date) using velocity
- How to find your MVPs
- How to learn about products that are already inflight
- How to get from an MVP to an MFF
- How to get your stakeholders and sponsors to see the big picture
- How to communicate to make your product idea stick
- Tips for managing the key variables influencing project success
- Tips and tricks from the instructor’s thirteen years of using Scrum in a wide variety of environments
“Remarkable way to change a dull scrum subject to actually usable applications!” – Hemalatha R.
- Scrum Basics (roles, meetings & artifacts)
- Expectations of a Scrum Product Owner
- Taking a product from idea to implementation
- Understanding how and why to form a Product vision
- Release management that drives value
- Establishing & refining the product backlog with business model canvas
Who Should Attend
If you want to learn how to navigate the product life cycle using Agile and Scrum practices, principles, pillars and values , including how to effectively implement a product that will maximize your team’s potential. If you enjoy learning in experiential and Socratic ways – this is your best option. You will increase your understanding of product management within the Framework through active involvement in hands-on activities applicable to software and non-software product development situations.
Roles That Would Greatly Benefit From This Class
- Business Owners
- Product Owner
- Aspiring Agile Coaches
- Portfolio Managers
- Business Analysts
- Chief Operations Officers
- Department Leads
- Product Management Leads
- Project Managers
- Product Managers
****** Please note: Lunch is on your own – there are many quick service options nearby *******
Meet The Trainer
Lizzy is a seasoned executive consultant that focuses on driving measurable results for her clients, processes, employees and financials. Lizzy has over 18 years in-depth experience in delivering software development, in project and product management and strategic consulting. This has given her a unique ability to provide you with the right tools and techniques tailored to the needs of your organization. Lizzy is a trainer who comes with a wealth of knowledge delivered with an innovative flare uniquely Lizzy.