Certified ScrumMaster – St Louis 160511
Event Phone: (888) 245-5596
- Weekday Edition
May 11, 2016 - May 12, 2016
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Get Certified by Doing Scrum – This course provides the fundamental principles of Scrum, gives participants hands-on experience using Scrum and closes with Certification as a recognized ScrumMaster.
DISCOUNTS available for early registration!! Up to $300 off!!
Limited seats – REGISTER EARLY!!!
The ScrumMaster Certification is a 2-day course introducing the concepts of the Scrum, the most popular Agile framework. Scrum is a seemingly simple process that can have profound effects on an organization. Each participant will gain practical experience working with Scrum tools and activities such as the product backlog, sprint backlog, daily Scrum meetings, sprint planning meeting, and burndown charts. Participants leave knowing how to apply Scrum to all sizes of projects, from a single collocated team to a large, highly distributed team.
Following successful completion of the course, you will be qualified and ready to pass the new Scrum Alliance certification test. This multiple-choice, online test is required to become a Certified ScrumMaster. It includes a two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance where additional ScrumMaster-only material and information are available.
Project Management Professional (PMP)®: This course counts for 15 professional development units (PDUs).
Scrum Alliance Members: This course counts for 16 Scrum Education Units (SEUs).
PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®: This course counts is 15 of the 21 contact hours needed to be eligible for the PMI-ACP certification.
What you will learn
- Learn Scrum by doing Scrum – Activity based learning
- Practical, proven practices to get you started right
- How to live and breathe Agile while doing Scrum
- Learn about estimation, story points and get a deck of cards
- The essentials of getting a project off on the right foot
- How to help both new and experienced teams be more successful
- How to successfully scale Scrum to large, multi-continent projects with team sizes in the hundreds
- Tips and tricks from experienced instructors on using Scrum in a wide variety of environments
- Overview of Scrum (what Scrum is & what Scrum is not)
- Foundation of Scrum (empirical vs defined, history, values, sprints, etc.)
- Roles (ScrumMaster, Product Owner, Team)
- Meetings (planning, daily scrum, review, retrospective, etc.)
- Artifacts (product increment, backlogs, etc.)
- Scaling and the human side of Scrum
Who Should Attend
Anyone can attend – No prerequisites
This course is intended for those who desire a foundational education and wish explore the benefits of Agile and Scrum including its values, principles and practices. The class is taught in a learning format that is hands-on, experiential and Socratic. Attendees will utilize a variety of exercises, activities, discussions and resources to help them learn and apply Scrum in both software and non-software product development situations.
About the Instructor
Devon Morris is a Coach, Open Space Facilitator and Certified Scrum Trainer with over 13 years of experience with Scrum. He has helped with the adoption of Scrum and Agile at numerous companies both large and small. Devon brings this broad range of experience to every training event and coaching session to boost performance when applying techniques. He holds the following certifications – Project Management Professional, Agile Certified Practitioner and Certified Six Sigma Black Belt.
Please refer to our Refund / Cancellation Policy.
Venue Phone: 314-241-9111